Cyd Wicker consciously and carefully works to capture the essence of each subject she paints. She studied at West Texas State University, in Canyon, Texas, Yale School of Music and Art in Norfolk, Connecticut, and most notably Atelier Lack, with Richard Lack in Minneapolis, Minnesota. She was a recipient of the Ellen Beattel Stoechel scholarship from Yale University and awarded an internship from the National Collection of Fine Arts, at the Smithsonian Institute Washington, D.C.
Wishing to help preserve the traditionalist credos of truth to nature and beauty of design, Cyd teaches classical methods of drawing and painting and is the Director of The Atelier Studio Program of Fine Art.
Cyd's work is represented in the book Realism in Revolution: The Art of the Boston School and several exhibition catalogs including The Academic Dialogue, a Minneapolis Institute of Arts exhibition.
Cyd has served on the Minneapolis Artist Exhibition panel at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts and was an associate guild member of the American Society of Classical Realism.
She has exhibited at the Guild of Boston Artists in Boston, Massachusetts; Uihlein Peters Gallery in Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Heritage Art Gallery in Alexandria, Virginia; Addison Art Gallery in Addison, Texas; Santa Fe Contract and Design in Odessa, Texas; Minneapolis Institute of Arts in Minneapolis, Minnesota; Honeywell in Minneapolis and various shows in Minnetonka, Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Cyd Wicker was featured in a Star Tribune article, Posthumous portraits preserve Minnesota's federal court's history, on July 28, 2018.
Cyd Wicker has paintings in private and public collections. Notable commissions she has painted are:
- Presidential Portraits of Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton, U.S. Presidential Museum, Odessa Texas
- Pl Pio Cardinal Laghi University of St. Thomas Law School
- 13 Portraits of Patrons and Donors for the University of Saint Thomas School of Law
- Monsignor Terrence J. Murphy, Chancellor of the University of St. Thomas
- Dr. Luann Dummer, founder of The Women's Center at the University of St. Thomas
- Chief Justice Robert Sheran, Minnesota State Supreme Court
- Chief Justice Kathleen Blatz, Minnesota State Supreme Court
- Judge Diana Murphy, United States Sentencing Commission, Washington, D.C.
- 12 Federal Judges for United States 8th District Court, Minnesota
- 11 Magistrate Judges for United States 11th District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Eugene Nugent, Chairman of the Board/CEO Pentair Corporation
- Dr. Claude Hitchcock, Chief of Surgery, Hennepin County Medical Center
- James VanHouten, President of Mutual Insurance Services
- Ann E. Bancroft, Arctic/Antarctic Explorer
- Archbishop John Roach, Archdiocese of St. Paul, Minnesota
- 8 presidents of Title Insurance of Minnesota
- Ann Carlson, daughter of Governor Arnie Carlson
- The Wasie Foundation founders, Stan and Marie Wasie
1701 East Hennepin Avenue #285
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Phone: (612) 280-6091